<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d7723930638296559084\x26blogName\x3d%E2%9C%BD+JOANNEE+CANDYGRAM\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://joannee-candygram.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://joannee-candygram.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d8938662058999311226', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>


Hello, hello
Monday, 15 August 2016, 10:55 pm

 Hi guys. It has been a few months since my last post. I do intend to put up the rest of my Tokyo trip posts. But before that, I thought I would lay down what I've been up to during the time I disappeared from this space. For the past year or two (or ever since I've started putting more time into school and taking my studies more seriously), I have thought about what I would do with this space now that the blogging fad is long gone. No one really (myself included) brings out their DSLRs out for a shoot anymore. What with all the written work and assignments we do, it's hard to adjust to writing casually for a blog post, something which I used to do leisurely. Turning my laptop on used to be something I did for fun, but now the screen is screaming at me to do something productive. Sometimes when I'm on photoshop I wonder what the point of all this is now that there are filters. When I look back at my old posts, even the ones from my time in college two years ago, it makes me cringe a little like how you would when you see an old photo of your pre-teen self from 10 years back and wonder wtf you were thinking LOL. But in the end I always find myself coming back here, because I have spent a good part of my life maintaining this blog, in that it has become a part of what I do. After trips or events I've been to, I find myself naturally plugging in my SD card, shortlisting photos and editing them all one by one. When new people who came into my life during the past few years learn that I do graphic and web design, they get confused and so do I, because I wonder how in hell I strayed to a direction so uncalled for; a direction so irrelevant to what I'm pursuing right now. Editing photos and web designing are so foreign to me now. But I guess that's what working and adult life does to you - you become a blank slate doing nothing but the work relevant to your industry while achieving material success. Sometimes I feel that it's so sad and such a waste whenever I revisit the now-dead blogs of the people I used to follow and look up to back when I was a teen, because they influenced me so much from my character to my personal taste and my editing style. My will to keep up my blogging and design is perpetuated even more when I get the occasional comment on Instagram or Twitter from people who still follow this space, telling me that my photos are nice and asking for me to update it more often. I dunno, I guess I really cant pull myself to let everything that I have been building here for the past 9 years (yes it has been 9 freaking years wtf) go down the drain.
Okay I dont really know where that ramble of an introduction came from but I'll stick to it lol. Anyways I'm opening my post with Giriboy's Skit. I shared Zion T's See Through on this blog in 2014 and he recently blew up so I still insist on embedding videos on here although it's such an old thing to do, hoping that someone out there appreciates my taste in music LOL.

 As I mentioned in my previous post, what kept me busy for the past coupla months were my internships so I will tell you more about how those went. I was lucky enough to have gotten the opportunity to intern at these firms from my uni because I won a book prize. During the two months, more than anything I realised how lucky I have been in that I always went to a school never even an hour's drive away from where I live. Having to take the trains during the past two months really took a toll on me because I really couldnt deal with the reality of how uncivilised people can be. Random strangers (men and women both) will try to provoke you for a fight out of nowhere, people will conveniently push you aside to cut your queue just so that they dont have to wait for the next train (although the friggin train comes every 5mins), when the train is approaching people at the back will start pushing the people at the front without any regard for anyone's safety (a bunch of people falling onto the train track seems to be a small price to pay to go home 5mins earlier LOL). I find it even harder to digest the fact that these people are equally indifferent even for the safety of kids when the train is literally jam packed. Seeing high school and college kids taking the trains every day, I really dont know what kind of hollow being I would have become if I had to face this reality of the world every single day for such a long period of time. But in retrospect, especially after hearing from my ex-colleague about all the things she had to go through like being molested, having her phone stolen, I am really lucky.
I guess what made my horrifying commute worthwhile were the wonderful people that I have met during my internships. I feel like I was a complete wreck during my first internship because I knew my work sucked and I had absolutely no chill about anything because everything was just so new to me, to the point that I was having second thoughts about continuing my degree LOL. But of course, things got a lot better over time and I am eternally grateful for all the support, love and care I received from those around me during that period of time. When things were so hectic and everything was moving so quickly, I really held onto all the encouragement and support I received to keep moving forward. I guess interactions like these makes an otherwise mundane and meaningless working life worthwhile.

It is August now and I have less than a month until I am off across the globe to England for uni. This is by far the greatest journey I have ever embarked on and I dont really know what to do with my limited time left. It's too early to start stressing, but time is running out so I cant keep walking at the same pace~

I redesigned the header of my blog a little while ago! What inspired me are watercolor tattoos and thin line tattoos which have been flooding my Instagram Explore page for quite a while now! I think they are absolutely stunning and am seriously considering getting one myself but I am so worried about how they would fade over the years. Plus I know that these styles are not popular here yet so finding a suitable artist will be a challenge too. :( It has been so long since I've done anything on Photoshop besides editing photos but I'm glad I still managed to pick up where I left off hehe.

Labels:

Leave a Comment


Older Entries »