<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d7723930638296559084\x26blogName\x3d%E2%9C%BD+JOANNEE+CANDYGRAM\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://joannee-candygram.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://joannee-candygram.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d8938662058999311226', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>


Another Shot Before We Kiss the Other Side
Friday, 12 July 2013, 11:21 pm

Hello lovelies! Today officially marks the end of my first week of college (excluding orientation of course). I guess in short, I'm actually really happy & content with how everything turned out to be and I do like my new classmates! Maybe because there are very few students with the same subject combination as mine that we need to switch classes every period (which really sucks), but maybe it's not so bad cos I have different people in almost every class, lol!
So far my favorite subject is law, then sociology, followed by econs and of course the worst is maths. I'm actually really surprised by how much I am not liking econs cos I did so well for it in PMR and I liked it so much during upper secondary school, therefore I am blaming my teacher, LOL! But I guess we'll see if everything changes when we go deeper into the syllabus. :>
ALOT has happened in the past 1.5 weeks since college started (no exaggeration there) and I really cant wait to see what else it has to offer for the next 1.5 years. Met lots of new people, found someone and the best part is that I am now once again schooling in the same area as some of my favorite comfort people! :D :D


Maybe it's true that college is nothing like being in secondary school cos here, people get along a little better. Everyone always told me that going to JC or poly really "changes" you and were the best days of their lives, I wonder if college will be the same for me although it is still too early to say. But anyway, I still have like a week more to consider if I want to drop maths, which is probably going to change almost everything if I do decide to. I wouldnt say that I have been struggling in maths for the past 5 days, maybe it hasnt been a breeze but 'struggling' would be too strong a word. I honestly thought of dropping out yesterday but this morning when I realized how many of my other classmates have given up on sociology, law, maths and all, kinda made me wonder how many of these students that gave up because of all the discouragement, could have made it and scored well if they just persevered just a little longer? I guess none of us would know anymore because they simply, gave up.
pictures above this morning's breakfast at Shakespeare with classmates, Arie & Ju-Rae!! :D Lololol we all look so funny and they're probably going to kill me if they see this but oh well!

I dont really know how this post ended up to be so "thoughtful" but I think I'm not going to take the easy way out and drop out. Cos I'm the one who got myself into this mess by hating on my own teachers and ditching classes since primary school so it's me that's going to be responsible to finish off what I started. All the dilemma really bummed me out for the whole day today but the amazing thing is whenever stuff like this happens, people like SM and ZY like today will always magically appear (literally) to make things fall into perspective. & also everyone else that are so desperately trying to help me more than I'm trying to help myself, lol. Sobs my life is perfect.
picture above my afternoon/evening today spent with Ju-Rae with Starbucks and cute, messy onigiri! :D

Labels: ,

Leave a Comment


Older Entries »